What is Selective laser sintering (SLS)?
Selective Laser Sintering is an additive manufacturing (AM) technology. A laser is casted as the power origin to sinter powdered material pointing it automatically at points defined by a 3D prototype, binding the material together to create a solid structure.
It is a new technique used for rapid prototyping and for low-volume production of component parts.
Why to choose SLS 3D Printing?
- Can be used with different materials like Nylon PA12,Alumide , Carbonmide , PEBA .
- Allows creation of efficient designs with moving parts, prototypes, consumer products, architectural models, hardware, electronics housing, medical devices, sculptures and jigs and fixtures
- Allows adding surface finishes on the parts to get great final products.
- Used in Rapid manufacturing
Best 3D Printing Services for SLS Technology: -
The Sinterit Lisa
- It is one of the most affordable printing services for SLS 3D printers on the market today.
- The first one to be released was by Polish manufacturer Sinterit in 2014, the Sinterit Lisa.
- It has a build volume of 150 x 200 x 150 mm.
- It has a layer thickness of up to 75 microns.
It offers a budget-friendly option for small businesses
- Being durable it is used in rigid applications.
- It supports Polyamide 12 and Flexa Black material.
Formlabs’ Fuse 1
- The first Fuse 1 3D printer was released in 2017.
- It has a build volume of 165 x 165 x 320 mm.
- It has a layer thickness of 0.1 mm.
- It is also affordable.
- Average speed of printing is 10mm per hour.
- It supports Nylon PA 12 material only.
3D Systems’ ProX SLS 6100
- This is an industrial-grade 3D printer from 3D Systems.
- It has a large build capacity of 381 x 330 x 460 mm.
- It has a layer thickness of 0.08mm.
- Provides a fully automated powder recycling and handling system.
- These are suitable for functional prototyping and end parts complex ducting, housing, machinery parts etc.
- Materials compatible with are proprietary DuraForm ProX polyamides -PA 11, PA 12 and reinforced nylons (aluminium, fiber and glass-filled).
Prodways’ ProMaker P4500 HT
- First developed by French manufacturer Prodways.
- This industrial 3D printer is the latest in the P4500 line.
- It has a build volume of 400 x 400 x 450 mm.
- It provides more diverse choice of production-grade materials
- Its materials are medical and aerospace certified.
- It is able to operate at temperatures of up to 220°C producing high-performance final parts for various industries.
- Materials supported are PA11, PA12, mineral, carbon fibre, glass, aluminium-filled nylons, medical grade nylons
EOS FORMIGA P110
- It features a build volume of 200 x 250 x 330 mm.
- EOS is cost effective.
- Produces high-quality nylon parts.
- Recyclable nylon materials are used
- The printers are suitable for printing prototypes and parts with highly complex geometries
- Other Materials supported are PA 11 (white, black), PA 12 (white, FDA certified), aluminium- and glass bead filled nylons, Polystyrene powder, Polyether amide powder.
- It is a product of a Polish manufacturer Sinterit.
- Its print volume is 150 x 200 x 150 mm.
- Sinterit Lisa is compatible with the usual PA12 Nylon and Flexa black materials.
- The Sinterit Lisa is a precise powder 3D printer, with a layer thickness of 0.075-0.175mm.
- It is not portable as it weighs 41 kgs.
7. Natural Robotics VIT
- It is a product of a Spain based company.
- Its print volume 250 x 250 x 250 mm.
- It features a 7-inch touch screen display for printing and display.
- It is good choice for printing large parts simultaneously.
- Works on a decent speed at 20 mm/s in addition to a Z axis resolution of 0.05mm.
8. Sintratec S1
- It is a product of company in Switzerland.
- Its print volume is 130 x 130 x 180 mm.
- It offers a very good precision accuracy, at 100 microns.
- It’s also quite significantly heavier and is not portable than its kit form, weighing 67kg.
- It is also quite expensive.
9. Formlabs Fuse 1 SLS 3D Printer
- It is a product of company in USA.
- Its print volume 165 x 165 x 320 mm.
- They first established in 2011 and have since then grown massively.
- It offers a speed of 10mm/s and a layer thickness of 100µm
- Formlabs Fuse can be connected via ethernet or Wi-Fi.
10. 3D Systems ProX SLS 6100
- It is a product of a USA based company.
- Its print volume is 381 x 330 x 460 mm.
- This printing service has been around since mid-1980s.
- They were the one who commercialised stereolithography.
- It offers layer thickness between0.08 and 0.15 mm.
11. EOS Formiga P 110
- It is made by a Germany based company.
- Its print volume is 200x 250x 330mm.
- It offers layer thickness of 0.06/0.1/0.12 mm depending on the materials used.
- It is fairly fast printer offering speed of 20mm/h and weighs approximately 600kg.
- It is expensive.
12. Sharebot SnowWhite
- It is a product of Italy based company.
- Its print volume is 100 x 100 x 100 mm.
- Snowwhite is compatible with PA12 (Nylon), PA11, TPU and more.
- It has an easy user-interface.
- It is primarily designed for industrial purposes despite the small print volume.
13. Red Rock 3D
- It is a product of a Russia based company.
- Its print volume is 180 x 180 x 180 mm.
- It is an industrial printer developed for rapid prototyping.
- It is a perfect choice for batch production.
- Red Rock has a printing speed of 20cm³/h.
- The parts can be created fairly quickly to be tested for their effectiveness.
- The downside is that this industrial printer is compatible only with Nylon PA12.
14. XYZprinting MfgPro230 xS
- It is a product of China.
- Its print volume is 230 x 230x 230 mm.
- It is affordable desktop 3D printer.
- It can print multiple parts simultaneously.
This 3D printer offers minimum layer thickness of just 0.1mm